Information Sources of Interest and Research
Back Lane Studios (Research a Property) Contact: Ellen Moorhouse Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.backlanestudios.ca or Jessica Algie Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org 416-999-6758 Toronto Archives Reference Staff email@example.com
House Stories (Research Your Home) Contact: Robin Burgoyne Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.housestories.ca/about-caerwent-house-stories-and-robin-burgoyne/
Heather Seaman, Narrator. “Baby Point”, part of the Structures television series on historical Toronto by Rogers Cable Channel 10. Half-hour DVD on the history and architecture of Baby Point, available for purchase at this URL:
To watch the episode, see
On Conn Smythe:
- Home Smith and Co., Humber Valley Surveys, 1912 (reprinted in 1999 by The Swansea Historical Society and available at Swansea Town Hall). Monograph.
- Kevin Plummer “A Monument to His Dreams” for Historicist, published on the internet by torontoist.com. See this URL http://torontoist.com/2010/05/historicist_a_monument_to_his_dreams/
- James H. Gunn “Robert Home Smith 1877-1935”. Article available in the Home Smith Fonds at Baldwin Room, Toronto Public Reference Library; 1986.
- Glenn Turner. “The Toronto Carrying Place: rediscovering Toronto’s most ancient trail”. Dundurn Press, 2015.
- John Gell, Memories of Lambton Park, 2000
- Sir Ebenezer Howard and the Garden City Movement. Among others, see this URL:
- Katherine Parr Traill. Canadian Wildflowers. Illustrated by her niece, Agnes Moodie Fitzgibbon, Susanna Moodie’s daughter (1866/67). The inspiration for these illustrations was drawn from what is now the Magwood Sanctuary, the rare Woodland Marsh Robert Home Smith preserved at the north ravine base. It was the first book of its type published in Canada. Copy in the Baldwin Room at Toronto Public Reference Library.
- Bell, William H. Historical Baby Point. 1900. The Board of Education for the City of York. City of York: a Local History, 1987
- Burrell, Elizabeth and McLean, Evelyn G. A Mansion on the Detroit Frontier, 1998
- Jefferys, Charles W. The Picture Gallery of Canadian History, 1942
- OGS Waterloo Branch. The Baby Family (compiled in 1946 by Clement A. Baby), 1969.
- Raible, Chris. Muddy York Mud, 1992.
- Robinson, Percy J. The Toronto Carrying Place, 1932
ATTRIBUTION: Illustrations for the website courtesy of Olivia Loncar-Bartolini. BPHF thanks Olivia for her contribution.